A small school with a big heart
Our mission is for every child to be the best they can be. Our school is a place to explore ideas and face new challenges with enthusiasm. We develop confidence and a sense of responsibility in a caring, safe environment and within a strong community. The values and teachings of the Christian faith sustain us and help us to achieve our goals.
At Northiam Primary School we help children to develop:
- Lively, enquiring minds and a love of learning; the ability to question, to argue rationally and to think for them selves
- The ability to work hard and to succeed at tasks: to work independently and with other people
- A sense of self respect, self confidence and self reliance: an awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of others
- The knowledge, skills and practical abilities they will need throughout their lives, at work and play, in a fast moving world
- A reasoned set of personal attitudes, values and beliefs, an understanding of the world and their place in it: a respect for the religious and moral values of others.